TOPIC: F1SR F1 75 2017 Rd5 BLACKWOOD 2ND May 2017
1 year 7 months ago #7961
  • Tony
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 474
Thankyou Stu for the results

It was always going to be a bit unknown tonight with the first full day of a very big update with rF2

I thought the racing was OK-ish, & we'll done Stu for acting quickly and having the restarts :)

I expect others found things similar to me - I was struggling for decent fps tonight, & Blackwood was giving me half the frames of the stock tracks, at around 37 with other cars around

Still a nice track though - just have to be patient while Studio397 work out what to tweak..

The stuttery gameplay made me react too slowly to a shunt in race 2 - where I came round the fast right-hander at the end of the long straight to find 3 or 4 cars recovering from a collision, & I rear-ended Calum I think (in the Penske) - very sorry Calum. I slowed & waited a couple of corners later but don't think you came past?
Anyway thanks to all who did turn up tonight, & I think it was around 12 of us :)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wilson
1 year 7 months ago #7963
  • Wilson
  • Racing Legend
  • Thank you received: 106
A night to be forgotten!

Qualified in fifth, four tenths off my best time in practice sadly.

Race 1: Terrible start, dropped down to 8th and found myself on the back foot into turn one.

I then had a small coming together with Rich, which looking at the replay was totally my fault! Apologies Rich.

Shortly after this I had a long battle with Glen. We then found Rich a few laps later recovering from an off at the first chicane. Unfortunately I had nowhere to go and collected Rich and Glen also had the same fate.

After a bit of trouble getting going again, myself and Glen battled it out till the end for pride and I finished ninth....UGH! Lol.

Anyway, Race 2, starting second - got to hope for better things, right? Got a great start and held the lead for 2 laps. Unfortunately Stuart behind was just too quick and caught me and passed me with a nice tidy move. After this I was hoping to get the car home in a podium position but was ultimately slipstreamed by Posti, Lee and Angelo going down the back straight. The little Penske was mugged by all of them and I had to fall into fifth place.

The next lap around I was still staying with that little train when Posti made a small error under braking sending his car into a spin which upon recovery collected mine. Joe then collided into the back of me as a result and it was game over as the engine failed upon impact. Not Joes fault by any means, he had nowhere to go. This whole event caused a mass pileup and a few DNFs.

I think it was fair to expect a bit of rougher ride tonight due to the update in physics and handling. I certainly struggled to adjust pace wise as there was not a lot of time to get to grips with the new model.

Anyway, weirdly enjoyed it as always, despite some disappointment and look forward to the next round wth some better fortune,

@Tony, appreciate the apology but don't think you did anything wrong here!
1 year 7 months ago #7965
  • Hilts
  • NOW ONLINE
  • World Champion
  • Thank you received: 73
A night of disaster of epic proportions here !!! LOL
After a lot of practice, I was hoping for good results (then again some people hope Millwall will win the cup !! :lol: )

Race 1
Like Calum, didn't get the qualifying times I had achieved in practice, so best knuckle down for a good race eh? After a few T1 brain farts, I managed to get into 4th being Stu, Posti and Lee. With Wiesdani behind me, I was making ground, so felt confident I could get a 4th.
Might as well have farted into the wind instead...... 2 careless off's put me just short of 10th in front of Calum, and with a lap of wheel to wheel ( I like to move it, move it !), I lost the botty into the last turn and collected Calum :( . Being the gentleman I am, waited till he regained and we spent the rest of the race wheel to wheel again to come in for best of the rest positions.

Race 2 (the Wendsleydale !)
Shifter time....... A good start into T1 but overshot my braking point and hit those plastic bollards..... stalled the car...nooooo !!
ok where's the start button......hmm ??? forgot to configure it... :whistle: oh well back to the pits, that Stilton piece of crap can sit there and rot ! lol

Gratzs to Lee on his wins, and thanks for his help in shifter gearing.
Sorry to my teamie Calum for collecting him in Race 1, and well done to the podium finishers

Onto Silverstone ! :cheer:
regards

Glen
1 year 7 months ago #7966
  • Postipate92
  • International Driver
  • Thank you received: 32
Sorry for race2 incdent everybody...

Was trying to adjust my brake balance middle of straigh more to front, but adjust it more to rear.. and lost control of my car like a rookie. :) Great races everybody.
1 year 7 months ago #7969
  • Hilts
  • NOW ONLINE
  • World Champion
  • Thank you received: 73
Postipate92 wrote:
Sorry for race2 incdent everybody...

Was trying to adjust my brake balance middle of straigh more to front, but adjust it more to rear.. and lost control of my car like a rookie. :) Great races everybody.

Great mod mate - thank you :)
regards

Glen