TOPIC: FBMW league, round 6 Brands Hatch stewards inquiry
3 months 3 days ago #13028
  • Tony
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 507
The stewards are looking at incidents between j.amosu & Ferrari655 - all incidents occurred in the 2nd race

1st incident was on the opening lap at Druids

2nd incident was on lap 11 at Druids

3rd incident was on lap 11 at Hawthorns
The administrator has disabled public write access.
3 months 2 days ago #13033
  • Tony
  • Administrator
Result of stewards inquiry into above post:

Lap 1, Druids: Joe is at fault - a too hasty move Joe, as you cant pass from that far back - it resulted in going in too hot to make the corner & hitting Rarri. We ask drivers Not to make hasty lunges in the first few corners of any race for obvious reasons..

Lap 11, Druids: a racing incident, Joe was hot in and locked-up but Rarri turned into him, when with more racing experience under your belt Rarri you maybe could've left some space, knowing Joe was coming in too hot on the inside

Lap 11, Hawthorns - Joe at fault, you cant attempt a pass into that corner and then tag someone when you are behind - Hawthorns is very fast & narrow, & has an uphill semi-blind apex as well :pinch:

So Joe is awarded a 5 place grid penalty for 2 avoidable hits at next race you run

Last of all - Joe do continue to race with us, as with minor tweaks we're all happy to see you on the grid

nb. Calum, when next in contact with Joe can you ask him to look in here please - I have'nt seen him here in the forum too much & don't want him to miss it - thanks ;)
3 months 2 days ago #13034
  • Wilson
  • Racing Legend
  • Thank you received: 115
Whilst I agree with the incidents, in his defence its his first race in almost a year, there will be rustiness.

Giving pens are fine but let's consider we want Joe to race with us I think maybe a word of warning on his first return after a long break would've been wiser. Stuff like this won't have him hurrying back unfortunately but it is what it is.

Whilst I appreciate rules are rules I will always offer my opinion regardless.

It's up to one of you guys to contact Joe on discord or something if you need to bring this to his attention, I'm not being the messenger, sorry
3 months 2 days ago #13038
  • Tony
  • Administrator
Well Calum, we recently adjusted our racing rules to cover this very kind of contact: f1sr.co.uk/index.php/forum/f1sr-enduranc...-contact-rules#12995

See "second unnecessary contact"

We do exercise discretion from time to time, but in this instance there were 3 coming togethers, & two unnecessary contacts ..so we watch the replays, chat in Admin & then we implement the rules, as if we don't then they are slowly eroded as a working deterrent

Onwards & upwards.. as they say ;)
3 months 2 days ago #13039
  • Wilson
  • Racing Legend
  • Thank you received: 115
Hi Tony,

As I said I didn't disagree as such with the penalty and can see your dilemma of not wanting the rules to fade away, I think pens are a good thing and have been wanting them for some time - so I appreciate your point.

But equally I feel this should be addressed with him directly and not through me - that would have a more personable touch and maybe having an open and honest discussion with him about it (as well as posting on here as you do with others) may have been a better way to do it :)
3 months 2 days ago #13040
  • Ferrari655
  • Racing Legend
  • Thank you received: 181
Also from my point of view I thought he was a random and not someones mate joining us.
  • Page: