TOPIC: Steam version of Rfactor2.
2 years 6 months ago #824
  • udell87
  • Administrator
  • F1SR
  • Thank you received: 155
Hi everyone,

Long time no speak, Was just wondering if anyone here has moved their Rfactor2 subscription to the Steam version?

I did a clean install of Windows 10 last night and I am reinstalling all my games but was wondering if the league events will work on Steam version.

Thanks in advance,
PC - Windows 10 | I7 3770K | Asus P8Z77-V | MSI GTX 980 4GB | 8GB ram | Corsair CX500 PSU | Zalman z11 pro | Logitech G25 + SRW-S1 Rim | Simulaje quick release |
The administrator has disabled public write access.
2 years 6 months ago #826
  • udell87
  • Administrator
  • F1SR
Never mind guys, I have taken the plunge and done it lol.

I don't ever remember Rfactor2 being 9.9gb. :(
PC - Windows 10 | I7 3770K | Asus P8Z77-V | MSI GTX 980 4GB | 8GB ram | Corsair CX500 PSU | Zalman z11 pro | Logitech G25 + SRW-S1 Rim | Simulaje quick release |
2 years 6 months ago #832
  • Tony
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 435
Some guy's installs are upward of 20gb Nick

rF2 seems to install everything twice - I read up about it on the rF2 forums, & it's intentional, but I didn't really understand why, so I just thought: ..ho hum, just accept it :lol:

I haven't gone over to Steam yet but probably will later this year, as pCars & Asetto are already both there

I was on pCars last night & found it very useful to talk to my Steam "friends" - where ever they were online, even in different servers..
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Tony.
The following user(s) said Thank You: udell87
2 years 6 months ago #844
  • udell87
  • Administrator
  • F1SR
Thanks for the reply Tony.

Maybe that was a bug where it was installing things twice lol as I got everything made by ISI with the Steam version and it was 9.9gb. Which I dont really like tbh. I prefer how it was when you buy it direct from ISI, you can download just the sim with no cars. 9.9gb on a 1.2mbs internet connection is painful. :(

The process was real easy though incase anybody else is wondering what its like to do. Got my Steam code within 30 seconds of transferring my standalone version. Haven't noticed any performance issues or any issues with the F1SR servers.

Whats you're Steam name Tony? Il add you later on. Is P Cars any good? I havent really heard good things apart from on the graphics side of things but I was thinking about buying it soon, just to give it a try.
2 years 6 months ago #845
  • F1lover
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 345
udell87 wrote:
Thanks for the reply Tony.

Maybe that was a bug where it was installing things twice lol as I got everything made by ISI with the Steam version and it was 9.9gb. Which I dont really like tbh. I prefer how it was when you buy it direct from ISI, you can download just the sim with no cars. 9.9gb on a 1.2mbs internet connection is painful. :(

The process was real easy though incase anybody else is wondering what its like to do. Got my Steam code within 30 seconds of transferring my standalone version. Haven't noticed any performance issues or any issues with the F1SR servers.

Whats you're Steam name Tony? Il add you later on. Is P Cars any good? I havent really heard good things apart from on the graphics side of things but I was thinking about buying it soon, just to give it a try.

Hi Udell87, p.Cars has come along way.. FFB is prob the best in SIM's.. you can feel the cars more IMO.. There was a sale on.. Not sure if its still on though..
F1SR Back Home!!!
2 years 6 months ago #846
  • udell87
  • Administrator
  • F1SR
Hey F1lover. (Loving that name) :)

"Best ffb" Really?? I cant say much as I havent played it yet but I've heard its not a sim but more a "simcade" type game lol but if it really has got the best ffb then what am I doing sat here. ;)

No the sale ended in the 4th of jan but I never buy my Steam games direct from Steam anyways so can probably get it at the sale price at anytime. Hehe When I joined steam a year ago full time, My jaw dropped when I saw how much Call of duty black ops 2 was. ( I hate Call of duty but love zombies ) £39.99 for a 3 year old game. Pfft. Got it for £5.49 with dlc lol

Thanks for the heads up though. Going to have to try it now you have mentioned the ffb as thats the reason I havent got it yet.
  • Page: