2 years 4 months ago #399
  • Ferrari655
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Racing Legend
  • Thank you received: 130
"This Is What Photo-Realistic History Looks Like"

petrolicious.com/articles/crave/this-is-...c-history-looks-like

[
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian Bergmann, porks, Richard Tol, Damian Baldi, Dale
2 years 4 months ago #408
  • porks
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 482
I love the way he has added the cars to modern images, they look lovely :)

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 8Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Logitech G27 Wheel+Pedals.
2 years 4 months ago #421
  • Tony
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 408
Yea, they're great, so many nice touches to look at..

So like a saddo petrol head I recognised straight away the Targa - going through Collesano (I've painted a GT40 doing the same :)) & Virage de Mulsanne, (ditto :cheer:) but I'm not sure of the third - Mille Miglia?

nb. Don't want to sound nit-picking John - but they're trying to make the surrounding scenery/villages look in the period of the cars - it's just that some of the figures don't look like "60's" people, even with flat caps on

Some do though - the ones across the road with white shirts & black trousers do - I even recognise the poses they're holding from the hundreds of old photos I've studied on the web of the Targa for my paintings!
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Tony.
2 years 4 months ago #424
  • porks
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 482
Tony wrote:
Yea, they're great, so many nice touches to look at..

So like a saddo petrol head I recognised straight away the Targa - going through Collesano (I've painted a GT40 doing the same :)) & Virage de Mulsanne, (ditto :cheer:) but I'm not sure of the third - Mille Miglia?

nb. Don't want to sound nit-picking John - but they're trying to make the surrounding scenery/villages look in the period of the cars - it's just that some of the figures don't look like "60's" people, even with flat caps on

Some do though - the ones across the road with white shirts & black trousers do - I even recognise the poses they're holding from the hundreds of old photos I've studied on the web of the Targa for my paintings!

Ah no not nitpicking, the reason I said that was I looked at the blog post and site and read how they did it all :)

www.unique-limited.com/makingof/

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 8Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Logitech G27 Wheel+Pedals.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by porks.
2 years 3 months ago #1165
  • Ozpata
  • Race School
  • Thank you received: 2
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Ozpata.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian Bergmann, F1lover
1 year 1 month ago #7196
  • Ferrari655
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Racing Legend
  • Thank you received: 130
LOVE THIS LID!

[