TOPIC: Formula 1 2018
2 months 3 weeks ago #11877
  • porks
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 514
Yes let the teams have a bit of innovation, it pissed me off a bit that things like Ferrari's mirrors got banned last week, I thought it was really clever :)

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 8Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Logitech G27 Wheel+Pedals.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
2 months 3 weeks ago #11887
  • Tony
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 445
Oh boy, what a miserable weekend for Williams.. Sirotkin was outclassing Lance, but had a wheel-nut problem just before the start, resulting in a 10sec penalty putting him right at the back of the pack, & there's Lance shouting on the radio to his engineer about various problems when I feel he'd be better advised controlling his fustration & driving around the problem.. :S
But the underlying problem for all this is the car of course
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Tony.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porks
2 months 3 weeks ago #11889
  • Amereto
  • International Driver
  • Thank you received: 37
I was having a discussion on something similar, and for me, I believe Williams would be in a better position right now if they would have chosen Massa and Kubica for their driver line up.

I'll admit that poodle of a car may not have turned into a pit bull but surely the experience of those 2 drivers could of at least got a Doberman occasionally.

When you think of development, quali opportunities, race opportunities, Williams are in a position where they need every hundredth of a second they can get.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porks, Kubapl
2 months 3 weeks ago #11897
  • porks
  • Administrator
Monaco has to be the most boring procession I have ever seen in F1, it was not a race. The only exciting bit was LeClercs brake failure, I was praying for rain to spice it up a bit. All this looking after tyres nonsense is getting tiresome....Happy for Danny Ric though, a good drive with the car problems.

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 8Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Logitech G27 Wheel+Pedals.
2 months 3 weeks ago #11898
  • porks
  • Administrator
Amereto wrote:
I was having a discussion on something similar, and for me, I believe Williams would be in a better position right now if they would have chosen Massa and Kubica for their driver line up.

I'll admit that poodle of a car may not have turned into a pit bull but surely the experience of those 2 drivers could of at least got a Doberman occasionally.

When you think of development, quali opportunities, race opportunities, Williams are in a position where they need every hundredth of a second they can get.

Massa's experience in car setup alone would surely be worth a few tenths per lap?
I agree about Stroll, becoming a bit of a whiner...like DC said on the commentary, he should think himself lucky to be one of the most privileged 20 drivers in the world. No need for that sort of thing, creates friction with the workforce and with the sponsors...

1 month 1 week ago #12150
  • Tony
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 445
Quote: The future of the British Grand Prix has been left uncertain after Silverstone's owner confirmed it has activated a break clause to cease hosting the race after 2019.
Silverstone has been home to the race every year since 1987. (& started hosting it in 1950, alternating with Aintree)
However, the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC), which owns the circuit, says it cannot afford to host the race unless a new deal is agreed.
"We have reached the tipping point," said BRDC chairman John Grant.
end quote

The BRDC can't (& shouldn't) compete with government subsidised circuits like Baku, Sochi, Singapore, China, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi... time's almost up for the oldn's like Silverstone, Monza & Hockenheim - & the ball's in Liberty Media's court now