TOPIC: Real F1 Australia Discussion
1 year 3 months ago #7346
  • F1lover
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 345
Well first race done.... Your thoughts?

Good final result, however super boring race... snooze fest..... What does F1 need to do to get cars passing? DRS is a Joke now..
F1SR Back Home!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 year 3 months ago #7352
  • Clippy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 135
Agree.. all talk and no trousers in 2017 so far. Good to see a non Merc on the top step, though im not a Vettel fan.
lets see how we get on at Shanghai, a proper (Tilke=meh!) circuit before we can truly judge.
Hopefully this is the year, after the changes, that convince the powers that be to return to mechanical grip.

PS ... From a spectators POV the Virtual race on Sat night was a much better watch !
Ambition > Adhesion
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Clippy.
1 year 3 months ago #7358
  • Dale
  • World Champion
  • Thank you received: 98
I actually loved watching the race, good to see the bigger tires, better sound, looked like a real race car instead of a techno car from before, minus the T wings, lol. As far as passing, Melbourne is not a track where we'll see a lot of passing, also enjoyed seeing a non-Merc on the top step, hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll actually see a real competition at the top. Don't discard Red Bull yet either bad showing today but we all know they'll get better as the season goes along.

Mercedes is getting ripped about Hamilton's pit stop but honestly Vettel was within.5 second and pushing him hard, I don't think they could have waited much longer. Sure worked out well for Ferrari though ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: F1lover
1 year 3 months ago #7367
  • Luis Sola
  • International Driver
  • Thank you received: 39
F1lover wrote:
Well first race done.... Your thoughts?

Good final result, however super boring race... snooze fest..... What does F1 need to do to get cars passing? DRS is a Joke now..

Every year F1 seem to forget that the major focus from every team is more aero grip. I don't understand how they can possibly think that cars which are so dependent on aero will make for more overtaking?
I remember Jaques Villeneuve being interviewed about overtaking in the BAR / grooved slicks days and explaining exactly where the problems are. They simply cannot get close enough to the car in front without a massive loss of downforce which makes them slide about.
1 year 3 months ago #7371
  • F1lover
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 345
Every year F1 seem to forget that the major focus from every team is more aero grip. I don't understand how they can possibly think that cars which are so dependent on aero will make for more overtaking?
I remember Jaques Villeneuve being interviewed about overtaking in the BAR / grooved slicks days and explaining exactly where the problems are. They simply cannot get close enough to the car in front without a massive loss of downforce which makes them slide about.

Yup get rid of WINGS!!!
F1SR Back Home!!!
1 year 3 months ago #7388
  • porks
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 509
Cars looked nice, still hate the sharks fins and those aerial winglets, race was incredibly boring though, not a classic..will be nice to see what happens at further races.
The cars are visibly faster in corners and I think if you crash this year you are going to know about it. Melbourne as you say is narrow and not easy to overtake on...
Its nice to see Mercedes under a bit of pressure, McLaren who is my favourite team, I am feeling the pain...sigh, I hope they ditch Honda or sort it out soon. Red Bull seems to be suffering a bit too...

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 8Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Logitech G27 Wheel+Pedals.
  • Page: