TOPIC: RF2 HUD
10 months 3 weeks ago #10693
  • porks
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 532
Found this on the workshop just now - steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1243928467 - might be worth a look once it has matured.

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 8Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Logitech G27 Wheel+Pedals.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: udell87, Dale
10 months 3 weeks ago #10704
  • porks
  • Administrator
Another Motec style one updated this week for DX11 - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1244623450

PC: Win10 64 bit, AMD Ryzen 1300X @3.7Ghz, Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 , 8Gb DDR4, NVidia GTX1070, Logitech G27 Wheel+Pedals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dale, Clippy
10 months 3 weeks ago #10708
  • Tony
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 469
porks wrote:
Found this on the workshop just now - steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1243928467 - might be worth a look once it has matured.

Thanks John, I'm giving it a try - felt a bit of a noob having to keep asking -"umm, how much fuel on full boost guys?!" :pinch:
10 months 3 weeks ago #10711
  • porks
  • Administrator
Tried it out last night, both seem to work well but need a bit of work for positioning and style., prefer the motec style one. Used them to get a fuel calc quickly and then switched back to the rf2 one after as it was less intrusive.

8 months 5 days ago #11309
  • Clippy
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136
Just a shout out to John whose facebook post led me down a path to having a working Sim Hub Dashboard inside the Oculus Rift in rF2
I first tried and failed to use Overlays, quickly realising, as my wife is oft heard to proclaim, I am an idiot, and that rF2 is rendered INTO the Rift and not a desktop.
However help was at hand with the lovely Oculus Home in Windows 10, this allows you to pin items from your monitor to an enviro outside of the home interface.
So with the help of this youtube clip I was able to create a Dashboard in Simhub, make it full screen 1920 x 1080 on my second monitor, then pin my whole desktop out of oculus home, switch back to monitor 1 and run rF2 and place the running Dash where it was
visible but not distracting. I then jumped int the '96s to test around suzuka, and quickly required a nappy change, man they are a swift ! and the perception of speed is astonishing in the headset. Dashboard worked swell, with a live map, positions, tyres and fuel all accessible to me. Next step is to google / youtube talent and I'll be good.
A very decent, workable, solution until Studio 397 release this new GUI.

So prerequisites for anyone wishing to have a go.
x2 monitors
SimHub
SimHub rF2 overlays and dash
Windows 10
Oculus home v2

Cheers
Mark
Ambition > Adhesion
The following user(s) said Thank You: porks